Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thoughts on Warlords of Draenor, (War)crafts & The Future

Anyone who follows this blog has probably noticed that I kind of dropped off the radar recently, and for various reasons. The first is that my little girl, who was born this past April, is becoming increasingly mobile. That being said, I've been spending a lot less time around the computer. Apparently for me less computer time doesn't necessarily mean less WoW related time though. I've whipped out my clay and art supplies and have been working on some Warcraft themed art!

Then, as much as I love WoW, I hate to admit that I have been a little bored in game over the past few weeks/months, only logging on to level battle pets and finish my weekly Celestial Tournament. I have however, been spending more time playing Hearthstone, and I have to say - for a game I thought I'd have no interest in, it has me hooked!

Blizzcon 2013 & Warlords of Draenor Reaction:

Oh how I wish I could have gone to Blizzcon this year. So many wonderful members of the community meeting in one place, the energy, excitement, all of the eye-popping cosplay - let me tell you, I watched my twitter feed feverishly the whole weekend. Had teleporters existed, and I had a free and trustworthy babysitter fall from the sky, I would have been there in a heartbeat! Ah well, hopefully I'll catch the next one.


I'm sure most people weren't too shocked about the announcement for the next expansion with all of the rumors being tossed around the interwebs beforehand. It was a title that just felt right when I first read it, and I was hoping that it wasn't just a rumor. Personally, I can't wait for it. I haven't been this excited about a new xpac since Wrath of the Lich King. It will be so wonderful to see some new life brought back to this game. Maybe I can even talk the hubby into playing with me again!

On the Instant Level 90:

I have pretty mixed emotions on the insta-level 90 toon that we'll all be getting. I think that no matter how these toons get to start off, whether it be the whole Death-Knight style - learning skills a few at a time as you first progress or something else entirely, that level 90 dungeons are going to be messy, especially in LFG. I can just picture it now - the tank is all like "what does this button do?" as a pack of pissed off whatchamacallits are all nom noming on the healer's face, while two of the three dps are off in some other room pulling everything and the remaining dps is picking their nose while watching it all.

I am pleased with the fact that I'll be able to play with my friends on another realm straight off the bat though. I'm thinking that because I already have several 90's on my Alliance server, that I'll most likely end up using my insta-90 to make a Horde toon on Thrall to play with the lovely folks of Trauma II. As for which class/race I'll choose - that's still up in the air. I'll probably end up choosing something that can heal & dps, which has always been my preferred way to play.

Some changes I'm looking forward to:

Character model updates. This this this! I can't wait to see what my Night Elf hunter is going to look like. Boxy hands, and well, everything, was getting pretty old. I'm looking forward to seeing my little gnomes not look like actual boxes any more too. :)

Hunter weapon sound changes. Need I say more? Maybe I'll actually want to use a gun now if it looks nice.

Garrisons. If I spend half as much time working on my Garrison as I did my farm, I'll be there a lot. I haven't read a whole lot into them yet, but from what I have so far - they look awesome.

More unstructured content similar to that on the Timeless Isle. When I had more time to play I didn't mind dailies so much. Now that I have a kiddo in the picture, I very much mind dailies. The little bit of time I do have to log in I want to use to just have fun. The Timeless Isle has allowed me to do just that. Bring on more content like this Blizz, woot!

(War)Crafts or: What I've been spending my time on recently:


For those who read my blog and also follow me on twitter, you've probably already seen a few of the projects I've been working on. I tend to get so excited when I'm almost finished with one that I just tweet to the world what I've done so far before it's even finished. I also snuck in a new page on this blog called "Crafts of War", which has a small version of my etsy shop on it, and will always show my most recent additions.


So yeah, I've been doing some real life jewelcrafting and making a bunch of neat little miniature sculptures. Everything I've done so far is WoW related, and I've been really enjoying myself putting everything together. Until now, I had just been stocking up my store, and didn't want to point it out until I had a few items up. Well, I have a few up now and I have a lot more items in the works. Which brings me to thinking about future plans for this blog...

Where this blog is headed:

I have no plans on abandoning this blog any time soon if that is what you were expecting. I actually have a lot of half-finished posts I've been meaning to work on for what seems like forever. One of those you'll probably see within the next couple of weeks, however don't be surprised if the time between posts starts lengthening out. If I had nothing else going on, there's nothing I would enjoy more than sitting down and writing about rares and other miscellaneous WoW topics, but that just isn't the case. I don't know if my posts regarding the next chapter of WoW will be as in depth as they have this past expansion, but I'll certainly try my hardest to keep them up to the same level no matter what happens.

Until next time, stay safe all of you here in the U.S. during the holiday season coming up. <3

12 comments:

  1. Your sculptures are all wonderful, but I am especially blown away by that Al'ar! The colors and the feather details are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kamalia, that one took me the longest for sure. I was glad I finally found a use for the brights I had! ;)

      Delete
  2. Love those charms and the blog! My wife does similar WOW art with Sculpey for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have missed the phoenix the first time around but as I said before, they all look fantastic. You make me want to take up glass painting again - this time using warcraft themes.

    Totally understandable with your bubby though. I've waned off Hearthstone for now - at least until it's live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you totally should. Sometimes it just feels good to create something artsy. <3 I'd love to see your work!

      Delete
  4. I kind of figured you'd be mobile baby wrangling, but you had time to make all those cute sculptures! How did you manage that. That Pug is so cute and those baby Murlocs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make them after the little peanut is in bed and sometimes while she's napping. That pug sold SO fast it was scary. I'm totally going to make another this afternoon. Actually, I was thinking of making some puggy christmas ornaments just because. Maybe I'll work on those. Eh we'll see what happens. :P

      Delete
  5. They look fantastic Euphy! I admit I look at twitter and random times and miss a lot but they are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Navi! I keep telling myself not to tweet unfinished pieces, but I get so dang excited when something starts turning out the way I want, that I do anyway. It's probably better that you've missed some of those. ;)

      Delete
  6. I was sort of surprised to read this from you "stay safe all of you here in the U.S" ... why just the people in the U.S.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because we just celebrated Thanksgiving here. Here being the U.S. I'll be honest, I'm not exactly caught up in what other countries celebrate. So I stick with what I know. If I somehow offended you or anyone else, I certainly apologize.

      Delete